This small house structure from Amish Buildings features a barn home base. Many people are drawn to these types of alternative building styles due to their affordability or desire for rustic appeal.
If you decide to build another home, a barn house can serve many purposes – like storage or guest accommodation – or ship it away for someone else to buy as a residence. Plus, who says you can’t update the building with bathroom facilities, kitchen appliances like sink and fridge, or add on another unit later on?
Gambrel Building Heights
- 12’W = 14’H
- 14’W = 14’6”H
- 16’W = 15’3″‘ H
Deluge Gambrel Cabin Features
- 8′ Sidewalls
- 2 x 4 Wall Framing, 16″ on center
- 2 x 4 Rafters, 16′ on center
- CDX Plywood Roof Sheathing
- 25-Year Fiberglass Shingles
- 15# Felt Paper
- Continued Ridge Vent and Soffit Ventilation System
- Aluminum Drip Edge
- 2′ x 8 Tongue & Groove Treated Flooring
- 36″ 9-lite Steel Entry Door
- Lockset for Entry Door
- 1 x 4 Cedar Trim (on Premier and Deluxe models)
- 1 x 6 Cedar Fascia Board (on Premier and Deluxe models)
- Porch with Cedar Posts
Check out the gallery of photos below (all images on our site can be expanded, even the featured image at the top).