3 lbs. Russet baking potatoes, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
3/4 c. fat-free milk
1/2 c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. fat-free sour cream
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/3 c. cooked and crumbled bacon (about 2 smoked bacon slices)
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water.
2. Bring potatoes to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
4. Drain potatoes, and return them to pan over medium-low heat.
5. Add milk, and mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency.
6. Cook 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
7. Remove potatoes from heat.
8. Add cheese, sour cream, pepper, and salts; stir until cheese melts.
9. Sprinkle bacon over potatoes.